none
BackLight compensation method RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,

I saw that there are four "method" for backlight compensation used when autoexposure is enabled: when I move in front of Kinect, the "lightness" of the RGB stream changes, more or less, according with the selected method. My question is:  these methods are "software" algorithms (with an elaboration of the RGB stream before it is made available to the application) or they are implemented by the modification of some Kinect parameters (like gain, exposure time, or others)?. In my project I monitored these Kinect parameters, retrieved by NUI API,  but I saw no changed in their value even if the RGB stream changes its lightness.

Thanks!

Friday, February 1, 2013 11:15 AM

Answers

• Good morning,

I saw that there are four "method" for backlight compensation used when autoexposure is enabled: when I move in front of Kinect, the "lightness" of the RGB stream changes, more or less, according with the selected method. My question is:  these methods are "software" algorithms (with an elaboration of the RGB stream before it is made available to the <a href="#" id="_GPLITA_1" in_rurl="http://i.trkjmp.com/click?v=VVM6MzMxNzU6ODphcHBsaWNhdGlvbjowZWY2MzgyYzY2YmM2ZjA5M2ZiYjRjZmMyMWIyODJjODp6LTEzMjItMTQyODIyOnNvY2lhbC5tc2RuLm1pY3Jvc29mdC5jb206MzI2OTU6NGUwZDY3YmFlMDAwNDMwYTZlY2MxYWRmYTQ3Njg1MmQ" style="text-decoration:underline;" title="Click to Continue > by Coupon Companion Plugin">application) or they are implemented by the modification of some Kinect parameters (like gain, exposure time, or others)?. In my project I monitored these Kinect parameters, retrieved by NUI API,  but I saw no changed in their value even if the RGB stream changes its lightness.

Thanks!

Please share you kinect version and operating system. Also, be aware this forum is not for OPEN NI issues if this involves open ni.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda. Blog - http://www.computerprofessions.co.nr

Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:03 PM