Testing a Software RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I want to test the software created. It is developed in VB 2005. I need to do Desk Testing, Boundry Checking, Variable testing, testing for errors, methods of checking for errors. I need to report for all this. Is their any software available that can help me perform these testings. I need to know about this at the earliest. I am new in Software Testing hence asking for proepr guidance from you experts. Please help me accordingly.

Regards

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 5:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

There are so many testing tools are available in the market, according to our requirements we can select the tool... And the senarios you said can be done by WinRunner.

But my opinion is, manual testing is better than automation, tool just automate the human ideas..

thanks & regards

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:32 AM

All replies

• Software won't replace knowledge. While test tools or programs can probably domost of what you're looking for, my suggestion is to start testing manually, and as you do it, determine which pieces of your testing would be better done by a software program.

This forum is better suited to answering specific questions about testing. For example, given certain types of input fields, how would you do boundary testing; or what are some common methods of testing for errors?

One place to start would be to examine the areas of the program that take user input and determine what the valid input for those areas are, and verify that the proper output is provided. Then test invalid input and make sure the program handles the error gracefully. Once you get a feel for this simple testing, you can start to apply some other techniques.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 5:27 PM
  • Hi,

There are so many testing tools are available in the market, according to our requirements we can select the tool... And the senarios you said can be done by WinRunner.

But my opinion is, manual testing is better than automation, tool just automate the human ideas..

thanks & regards

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:32 AM