Using DAAB without VS.Net RRS feed

• Question

• User1080009246 posted
    I want to use the DAAB but I do not have VS.NET (I'm using WebMatrix). I had someone else (who does have VS.NET) compile the DAAB project and give me the resulting DLL. I put it into the bin folder in my web app root (was that the correct thing to do?) Then I put <%@ Import Namespace=“Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data” %> on my ASP.net page but I get an error saying that SQLDataReader is not defined. I assume that error is letting me know that I'm doing something wrong with how I'm using the DAAB. Do I also have to import the SQL Namespaces (System.Data, System.Data.SQLClient, etc.)??
    Monday, February 16, 2004 5:00 PM

All replies

• User76536425 posted
    Yes, that is correct, you have to reference those namespaces. Don
    Monday, February 16, 2004 5:11 PM
  • User-367276894 posted
    What if I dont have access to VS.Net? how do i compile the sources to have the dll?? where can i find these source code? i have installed the data access block but I dont know where to find the source files,. I dont have VS.Net........
    Monday, May 17, 2004 4:33 PM
  • User76536425 posted
    Hi, The source code is wherever you installed it when you ran the MSI file, probably C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Blocks for .NET\Data Access v2\Code\CS\ or C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Blocks for .NET\Data Access v2\Code\VB\. (I don't recall if I named the directory "Data Access v2" or if that was the default.) Don
    Wednesday, May 19, 2004 3:53 PM