Does RemoteFX work for anyone?

Question

• Hello, I've done a fair amount of personal testing with RemoteFX on Server 2008R2 SP1 with my Quadro 880M, and it works quite well. However, when I do the same thing with Windows Server Developer Preview, which is supposed to us over 80% less bandwidth. . . performance is horrible, even worse than if RemoteFX is disabled.

Is RemoteFX simple broken for the Dev Preview or was performance improved while sacrificing hardware compatibility?

I'm looking forward to RemoteFX in Server 8 as I wish to test the Touchscreen capabilities of it using my new Iconia W500.

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:42 AM

All replies

• It is only pre-Beta version and RemoteFX would be a feature that work even better in Windows 8, it is just pre-Beta and this behavior is expected. Please run your test in future versions and see how it works. The concept for developer preview was to give idea of future of Windows 8 and it is just the beginning .

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 9:47 AM
  • It is only pre-Beta version and RemoteFX would be a feature that work even better in Windows 8, it is just pre-Beta and this behavior is expected. Please run your test in future versions and see how it works. The concept for developer preview was to give idea of future of Windows 8 and it is just the beginning .

I completely understand that. That being said, I asked if anyone has it working, as I'm curious. I understand it is a pre-beta build. :)
    Friday, December 09, 2011 2:03 AM