Microsoft Fixit RRS feed

• Question

•               Good afternoon, I hope all's well with you today. My Microsoft Mr. FixIt has been broken for a while

last night I noticed when going to the site, midway on the page (almost faded or in the background) like wax paper is on top of it. I'll start with the page. Click on desktop icon for Microsoft Fixit Solution. On the page;

1. Select a program

2. What are you trying to do  (null) written in orange

3.View or run solution

Here after #3 in grey, faded, wax paper over it ....                 Big  Letters

CONNECTION  PROBLEM

There was a problem connecting

to the guided search service

We are working on restoring the service

Please try again later

There not working on it this has been there I just was not aware of it, because it seemed to be in the background. I simply did not realize what I was looking at. I want MicroSoft Mr. Fixit to work and no one seems to have the correct answer. Perhaps because they were unaware of the aforementioned situation.   This information might explain a lot, I hope it get's me closer to a solution. My Little Mr. FixIt guy would know what to do. If Only ....

Thanks So Much

Trish the Dish

Patricia Harmon AKA Trish the Dish

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 10:09 PM

All replies

• I have exactly the same issue. I spent an hour waiting for Fix it to attempt to solve my issue. When it failed to uninstall a  program I couldn't even send the report to MS.

When I tried to look at other Fix It automatic solutions I got the same screen. Since this has been unreachable since July, is this service discontinued? If so what are the alternatives?

It's been three months and this thread has been overlooked... Here's hoping again...

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 11:46 AM