none
Silently update components via command line? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

Our qualys scanner has identified a vulnerability outlined in MS KB3137909 and the solution seems to be to do these steps:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/security-updates/securityadvisories/2016/3137909

How do I apply the update?

1. Start Visual Studio.
    2. Under the Tools menu, choose Extensions and Updates.
    3. Expand the Updates tree.
    4. Under Product Updates locate the following two entries:
      • Microsoft ASP.NET and Web Tools
      • Microsoft ASP.NET Web Frameworks and Tools
    5. Select each update and click Update.

I work for our IT department and would like to remotely push a command line operation to do these steps. Is that possible and if so what would those flags be?

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 7:12 PM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

As per as to my knowledge, there is currently no command line that can support what your requirement. You need to update it as you mentioned above, Sorry for your inconvenience.

Since our forum mainly focus on VS installation and setup issue. If you meet any issue about it in the future, please feel free to let us know.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, November 22, 2018 6:04 AM