Moving TFS 2010 to new server failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I try to move my TFS to new server after restoring all DB's i try to run command TFSConfig RemapDBs /DatabaseName:WIN-7MTDODVA5P1;TFS_Configuration /SQLInstances:WIN-7MTDODVA5P1

and get the below error

TF246083: The configuration of Team Foundation Server is not valid. You must rem
    ap the databases in order to fix the configuration. The following error was rece
    ived from the server: Unable to find any compatible SQL Analysis Services databa
    se within the specified instance.
    The host with name 'TEAM FOUNDATION' has been assigned the connection string 'Da
    ta Source=(local);Initial Catalog=Tfs_Configuration;Integrated Security=True' fo
    r the following database schemas: Framework

The host with name 'TEAM FOUNDATION' has been assigned the connection string 'Da
    ta Source=(local);Initial Catalog=Tfs_Warehouse;Integrated Security=True' for th
    e following database schemas: Warehouse

Any idea how to resolved it?

Thanks,

Ran

Thursday, July 15, 2010 4:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Ran,

The error message indicates that TFS can't find any compatible SQL Analysis Service database on the localhost machine.

Have you checked if SQL Analysis Service is running correctly in the local machine?

Make sure that your account is appropriate permission in the SSAS database.

Please provide your SSAS instance and database name in the command:

TFSConfig RemapDBs /DatabaseName:ServerName;TFS_Configuration /SQLInstances:ServerName,ServerName2/AnalysisInstance:ServerName2 /AnalysisDatabaseName:DatabaseName

Please let me know if it works or not. Thanks.

Looking for TFS Hot Issues? Follow us at Twitter.

Hongye Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, July 19, 2010 6:08 AM

All replies

• I have a similar problem.  I am creating a duplicate TFS server of the production one by following "Move Team Foundation Server from One Hardware Configuration to Another".  However, run into a problem when executing the command:

TFSConfig RemapDBs /DatabaseName: ServerName ; TFS_Configuration /SQLInstances: ServerName,

The error is:

The Team Foundation Server configuration could not be reconfigured. The following errors were encountered:

TF246063: No database could be found as the designated owner of the following schema: Warehouse. The schema is for the host with the following name and ID: TEAM FOUNDATION, xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx. To fix this problem, use the
    TFSConfig RemapDBs command-line tool and make sure that you specify the SQL Server instance that contains this database.
    The host with name 'TEAM FOUNDATION' has been assigned the connection string 'Data Source=vmtfs01;Initial Catalog=Tfs_Configuration;Integrated Security=True' for all of its database schemas.

Cuong Hoang
    Friday, July 16, 2010 4:06 PM
  • Hi Ran,

The error message indicates that TFS can't find any compatible SQL Analysis Service database on the localhost machine.

Have you checked if SQL Analysis Service is running correctly in the local machine?

Make sure that your account is appropriate permission in the SSAS database.

Please provide your SSAS instance and database name in the command:

TFSConfig RemapDBs /DatabaseName:ServerName;TFS_Configuration /SQLInstances:ServerName,ServerName2/AnalysisInstance:ServerName2 /AnalysisDatabaseName:DatabaseName

Please let me know if it works or not. Thanks.

Hongye Sun [MSFT]

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, July 19, 2010 6:08 AM
  • Hi Ran,

Is there any update on this issue? Thanks.

Hongye Sun [MSFT]

Monday, July 26, 2010 3:57 AM
  • I have same problem.

I stopped SSRS service, I ran tfsservicecontrol quiesce and I stopped all Sharepoint services.

After I ran tfsconfig remapdbs command...and I got the TF246063 error...

CsabaMolnar
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:40 AM
  • Hi Ran,

Actually the solution to pass your error is in this thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/tfssetup/thread/b4990e9f-9fd4-4e02-a489-e36833d88e3c

which boils down to using the /continue parameter and executing it twice!

Regards
    Massoud

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 10:09 PM