none
Cannot Copy from SQL Data Warehouse

Question

• Hi All,

I had set up a Data Factory Copy activity with a SQL Data Warehouse as the source and a file system as the target. 

The connection to the DW tested successfully, I was able to import the schema of the table I wanted to export and I was able to preview the data. 

However, once I ran a debug of the copy activity, I ran into an error. After about 5.5 minutes, I the copy activity would fail with this message: 

A connection was successfully established with the server but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake.

"Allow access to Azure services" is On, so I am not sure what else I am missing. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Monday, July 9, 2018 4:08 PM

Answers

• Was the target file system an on-premises data store ? Did you set a self-host IR on the target linked service ? If so, you'll need to configure the SQL DW's firewall to also allow the IP of the machine hosting the IR.
    Tuesday, July 10, 2018 6:43 AM

All replies

• Does this error occurs occasionally? If you haven't tried multiple times, Please try it 2 or 3 times and let me know if any of the try is successful. 
    Monday, July 9, 2018 9:34 PM
  • Was the target file system an on-premises data store ? Did you set a self-host IR on the target linked service ? If so, you'll need to configure the SQL DW's firewall to also allow the IP of the machine hosting the IR.
    Tuesday, July 10, 2018 6:43 AM
  • It looks like it may be firewall issues on the gateway server. 
    Wednesday, July 11, 2018 9:55 PM