Hyperlink buttons only consistently navigate to another frame, not another page RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having trouble getting hyperlink buttons to navigate to other pages in my app - if I target a frame on that other page, it's no problem, but if I select a .xaml page in the NavigateURI of the hyperlink button, I get the 'page cannot be found error in the browser'. It doesn't seem possible to enter anything in the TargetName in this case either.

Specifically, I have a splash page that runs an animation on load, and a 'START' hyperlinkbutton on that page to navigate to the first page of the actual app. Something similar seems to happen with a plain button too - I've looked at the Navigation Overview, but since it's talking about WPF, it's all gobbeldygook to me! (I'm building strictly in the Blend UI, at least at the moment).

Sunday, April 10, 2011 5:11 PM

All replies

• I am having the same problem. I just created a post right after you. I have a single .xaml with series of animations that transitions into different sections but after those animations are done its gets almost stuck and anything that I code does not function, like no mouse clicks or even simple mouse overs work. Im stumped

Sunday, April 10, 2011 9:55 PM
  • Is this a Silverlight app or a Windows Phone app? Can you post some of the xaml you are using?
    Monday, April 11, 2011 1:50 PM
  • This is probably a complete separate issue. You likely have something that you set to opacity -> 0% in one of your animations. But the problem is that whatever object is at 0% is still in the visual tree and intercepts mouse clicks/mouse overs. To remove it from interacting with the mouse you need to set its visibility to collapsed. You can still fade in/out by doing the visibility before or after your opacity changes.
    Monday, April 11, 2011 1:52 PM
  • It may be a seperte issue, as you said, Chuck, but I've found a good way to make sure something invisible is not interfering with mouseover, etc, is instead of changing the opacity to O, change the Scale in  RenderTransform to x=0 and y=0...although I suppose that's the same thing as changing its visibility to Collapsed?
    Monday, April 11, 2011 2:15 PM
  • Yep, that should also work around the problem because the visual is no longer in the way.
    Monday, April 11, 2011 2:22 PM
  • What i did was basically re-code my entire project becuase it was quite unorganized and I am learning more and more. thanks for the help I got the navigational frames to work correctly now I am trying to get my mouse enter and mouse click event handler to play a sound and I cant find that. Expression blend when addeding it to my code file i had it working on the previous file and it is not functioning correctly. I figured the best way for me to learn is to start from scratch again. Thanks for the help now at least starting from scatch and using navigational frames and loading each page in my mouse overs and visual states are working. You are probably correct because everything was not collapsed it was probably posing a problem.
    Monday, April 18, 2011 2:03 AM