none
Toggle code RRS feed

• Question

• I am merging a Word document from Excel, the cell contains 2 items but I would only like to display the 2nd item, eg.

Excel field = IFM £484.00

I want to display £484.00

loosing the 'IFM'

or

Excel field = CTB £9952.00

I want to display £9952.00

loosing the 'CTB'

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, May 17, 2018 9:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Louwed,

This is the forum for developing with Microsoft Word application. Were you developing with Word application? Please let me know if there is misunderstanding.

Regards & Fei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 21, 2018 1:07 AM
  • Try a field coded along the lines of:

{QUOTE{={MERGEFIELD FieldName} \# "£,0.00"}}
    or:
    {QUOTE{=«FieldName» \# "£,0.00"}}
    where FieldName is the name of the data field in Excel.

Note: The field brace pairs (i.e. '{ }') for the above example are all created in the document itself, via Ctrl-F9 (Cmd-F9 on a Mac); you can't simply type them or copy & paste them from this message. Nor is it practical to add them via any of the standard Word dialogues. Likewise, the chevrons (i.e. '« »') are part of the actual mergefields - which you can insert from the 'Insert Merge Field' dropdown (i.e. you can't type or copy & paste them from this message, either). The spaces represented in the field constructions are all required.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Monday, May 21, 2018 1:23 PM