none
Test Suite configuration utility throws an error "Detect SUT SMB2 info failed. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it serverIp:445".... socket error messages following RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to setup a Linux SUT for testing MSB2 with MS-File sharing test suite.

"Test Suite configuration utility throws an error "Detect SUT SMB2 info failed. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it serverIp:445".... socket error messages  following "

Here is my setup or test requirement purpose or goal in brief:

I am looking at a solution to test the SMB/SMB2 implementation from my company
    i.e., Novell CIFS which is part of Open Enterprise server[OES]. Open Enterprise
    Server is an add-on product which runs on SUSE Linux Server.

SETUP Attempt Details:

To test a Linux File server/SMB implementation I have done the below setup:

1. Installed a 'Driver Computer' setup on Windows Server running Windows Server 2012 R2 version with all the necessary prerequisites and setups as detailed in the "FileSharing_ServerUserGuide]" under the 'Software' section etc.,
    2. Installed a 'SUT' setup on Windows client running Windows 7 Ultimate version. This is the client I would be using to connect to the Linux SMB2 server implementation and test the file sharing to access and protocol implementation   to the SMB2 Linux server.

[ SMB2 version implementation of the SMB Linux File Server - naming it as "SMB2SERVER" for further ease of communication hereafter.]

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Kavitha A

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 1:01 PM

Answers

• As we observed during troubleshooting on your system, the current the File Sharing test suite package
    (available 10/9/2013 on Connect) does not support NetBios over TCP transport which is the transport your file server was supporting. The test suite client only implements Direct TCP transport. This feedback has been reported to the test suite development team. Regards, Edgar
    Monday, July 28, 2014 8:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Kavitha:

I have alerted the open specifications team regarding your inquiry. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:17 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Obaid,

I am still waiting for a response to the query on this thread .. Could ypou please get someone to look into this and provide some help at the earliest..

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Kavitha A

Monday, June 23, 2014 7:32 AM
  • Hi Kavitha,

We will contact you and discuss resolution. As previously mentioned, you will need to setup your Linux-based SUSE Server file server.

Thanks,

Edgar

Monday, June 23, 2014 8:47 PM
  • As we observed during troubleshooting on your system, the current the File Sharing test suite package
    (available 10/9/2013 on Connect) does not support NetBios over TCP transport which is the transport your file server was supporting. The test suite client only implements Direct TCP transport. This feedback has been reported to the test suite development team. Regards, Edgar
    Monday, July 28, 2014 8:46 PM