none
Support for FEP 2010 Client? RRS feed

• Question

• We're looking to deploy the FEP client on Windows 7 Embedded machines (HP) and we're looking to confirm what support is available.

Update Rollup 1 supports WES 7 SP1 but with a major limitation if read correctly; i.e. the write filter is not enabled, I assume that means for operation and not purely for installation and signature updates? Is there any other way of managing this without disabling the write filter, i.e. through exclusions?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2551095

• The following Windows 7 Embedded operating systems are now supported
      • Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1
      • Windows Embedded POSReady 7
      • Windows ThinPC
      Note: Forefront Endpoint protection is only supported on the above operating systems when the write filter is not enabled

The WES 7 blog states that a new WES 7 application template is available for FEP 2010 except it isn't actually listed on the 'Compatible Applications' web page, even though other major antivirus solutions are documented. Is there a template out there somewhere?

New Templates
    We’ve recently added 17 new applications & templates to the Compatible Applications website, expanding the scope beyond Microsoft applications to include third-party applications as well as some important anti-virus, security, and thin client applications. Below is the full list of 17 applications for which we recently released templates:

• McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i
    • Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010

Many thanks.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:02 PM