none
Bing Maps NPM Support RRS feed

• Question

• I want to add Bing Maps to my web site. But I can't do this since it is a modern project with NPM and WebPack - and not an obsolete site with <script> tags.

When will Microsoft support Bing Maps on NPM??

(currently there is a "bingmaps" package on NPM but it's only for TypeScript definitions and not actual API code)

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 4:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Gil .E,

If you would like to suggest a feature, I highly recommend using a direct feedback method rather than the Developer Forums.

You have a number of options:

1. For the Bing Maps SDK specifically there is a UserVoice https://bingmapssdk.uservoice.com/

2. For any Microsoft product, you can use the Feedback Application available through the Windows Store

3. For normal usage, you can go to the Bing Maps page and select "Feedback" on the screen

4.  For all Microsoft Products, you can go to Answers.Microsoft.com, select the product family you are interested in, in this case Bing, and select the sub categories as appropriate.

When you do log your issue, it would be good to clarify why the Typescript does not work for your situation.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 8:05 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Gil .E,

If you would like to suggest a feature, I highly recommend using a direct feedback method rather than the Developer Forums.

You have a number of options:

1. For the Bing Maps SDK specifically there is a UserVoice https://bingmapssdk.uservoice.com/

2. For any Microsoft product, you can use the Feedback Application available through the Windows Store

3. For normal usage, you can go to the Bing Maps page and select "Feedback" on the screen

4.  For all Microsoft Products, you can go to Answers.Microsoft.com, select the product family you are interested in, in this case Bing, and select the sub categories as appropriate.

When you do log your issue, it would be good to clarify why the Typescript does not work for your situation.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 8:05 PM
    Owner
  • Also worth mentioning that script tags are far from obsolete, if they were, then webpack and NPM wouldn't work.
    Thursday, July 12, 2018 3:20 AM
  • Thanks Ricky!
    Thursday, July 12, 2018 3:24 PM
    Owner