Executing few lines of code on Windows Store app installation

Question

• Is it possible to execute few lines of code on installing a windows Store App? The lines of code that needs to be executed will be part of the store app itself. These lines of code should get executed immediately after installation of the app.

So far, I am unable to find any information on this, but if any one has any info on this, please let me know. As of now I am trying to evaluate the feasibility.
    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 7:16 AM

Answers

• Why don't you do it on first startup?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 12:39 PM
  • you cant do this during first installation. During an upgrade you can do with a BackgroundTask and MaintainceTrigger.

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, July 3, 2014 6:49 AM

All replies

• Why don't you do it on first startup?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 12:39 PM
  • you cant do this during first installation. During an upgrade you can do with a BackgroundTask and MaintainceTrigger.

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, July 3, 2014 6:49 AM