none
WPF application with entity framework gives the following issue.The transaction failed due to an error processing the database updates. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i am getting following error while updating the entities to database.

The underlying provider failed on Open.

source:

System.Data.Entity

stack trace:

at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection.OpenStoreConnectionIf(Boolean openCondition, DbConnection storeConnectionToOpen, DbConnection originalConnection, String exceptionCode, String attemptedOperation, Boolean& closeStoreConnectionOnFailure)

at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection.Open()

at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.EnsureConnection()

at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChanges(Boolean acceptChangesDuringSave)

at Xyz.IPS.TestCore.Entity.TestObjectContext.Xyz.IPS.TestCore.Entity.IObjectContextForCadTx.SaveChanges(Boolean acceptChangesDuringSave)

at Xyz.IPS.TestCore.CADTransaction.Commit()

• Moved by Lisa Zhu Monday, May 20, 2013 8:02 AM EF related
    Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:01 AM

All replies

• Lots of questions here.

1.  Can you show us some code?

2.  Did it ever work?

3.  I assume since you cannot open to get entities you are not at the update stage yet.

4.  Can you show us the error.  Perhaps there is a clue in the InnerException that will help.

LS

Lloyd Sheen

Saturday, May 18, 2013 5:07 PM
  • Hi somsekhark,

From your description, I ‘d like to move this post to  the most related forum.

There are more  experts in this aspect, so you will get  better support and  may have more luck getting answers.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Lisa Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 20, 2013 8:02 AM
  • Check you connection string for the database name, user name and password. As Sqlguy asked did it ever work?

Monday, May 20, 2013 3:17 PM