none
BizTalk 2013 JSON encoder value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte RRS feed

• Question

• I have an integration that uses JSON encoder  and while most messages are being processed successfully 2 of them failed with this message:

There was a failure executing the send pipeline: "SorgWebSiteSync.RestFullSendPipeline, orgWebSiteSync, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken="ace79" Source: "JSON encoder" Send Port: "sp_SendSyncData" URI: "http://localhost:8080/_ds/sync" Reason: Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte.

I looked into the message and the message has 12000 rows that has to be encoded, is there a setting anywhere or can I do anything to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, October 12, 2015 9:21 PM

Answers

• I think your issue in one of properties of your schema. JSON Encode is trying to convert to proper data type and it gives this error which means an overflow error.

Check if there is any decimal,int, byte..ets in datatype of your schema elements.

Try to change data type to string then if it is worked then you need to check data of these 2 rows.

Or you can take message and validate it with your schema in schema editor which will direct you to exact field

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

• Marked as answer by Laimisg Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:43 PM
    Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check your input message have Byte is below zero or over 255. 

Thanks, If my reply is helpful please mark as answer or vote as helpful.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 4:37 AM
  • Hi ,

Your issue is much more related to data field value or there may be some data type conversion which is failing in your pipeline .

I would suggest to investigate on the 2 failed messages and verify data populated correctly or not .

Thanks

Abhishek

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:34 AM
  • I have tried to attach the message but it was too big, anyway I looked at the special (none ASCII) and removed them, but the message failed anyway.  Any other suggestions?

I have the xml message and willing to email anyone that is willing to help me.

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 2:53 PM
  • I think your issue in one of properties of your schema. JSON Encode is trying to convert to proper data type and it gives this error which means an overflow error.

Check if there is any decimal,int, byte..ets in datatype of your schema elements.

Try to change data type to string then if it is worked then you need to check data of these 2 rows.

Or you can take message and validate it with your schema in schema editor which will direct you to exact field

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

• Marked as answer by Laimisg Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:43 PM
    Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:10 PM
  • right on, it was the datatype issue.  Thanks for the pointers.
    Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:43 PM