The publish setting file provided is not a valid XML file RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to publish an MVC project using Visual studio 2015 update 3 to my Azure App service. I have downloaded Publish profile but very time I click 'Published' I get 'The publish setting file provided is not a valid XML file.Exception details: 'could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.DotNet.Internal,Version=14.0.0.0,cultulture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies
    The system cannot find the file specified.'

see screenshot. I am able to publish using visual studio 2013.what is wrong with Visual studio 2015 Enterprise and Azure publish?

Ebenezer

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 2:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Ebenezer,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft forums. We are pleased to answer your query.

Could you please try re-installing the VS once and check if that makes any difference?

Looks like you are facing the same issue which has been discussed in the SO thread.

Please let us know if that helps to solve your issue.

Regards,

Ashok

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer so that other customers can benefit from it.

• Marked as answer by denkyira Thursday, January 5, 2017 6:58 PM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 7:26 PM
  • Hi Ashok

After Uninstalling vs2015, all it's components and res-Installing vs2015, my issue is now resolved. Thanks

Ebenezer

• Marked as answer by denkyira Monday, March 6, 2017 11:19 AM
    Thursday, January 5, 2017 6:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Ebenezer,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft forums. We are pleased to answer your query.

Could you please try re-installing the VS once and check if that makes any difference?

Looks like you are facing the same issue which has been discussed in the SO thread.

Please let us know if that helps to solve your issue.

Regards,

Ashok

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer so that other customers can benefit from it.

• Marked as answer by denkyira Thursday, January 5, 2017 6:58 PM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 7:26 PM
  • Hi Ashok

I have Uninstalled VS2015 clean components and re-Install with the SDK but still same error

Ebenezer

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 11:07 AM
  • Hi Ashok

After Uninstalling vs2015, all it's components and res-Installing vs2015, my issue is now resolved. Thanks

Ebenezer

• Marked as answer by denkyira Monday, March 6, 2017 11:19 AM
    Thursday, January 5, 2017 6:58 PM
  • Hi Ebenezer,

Glad to hear that you are able to resolve the issue!

In case you require further assistance, please do reply to the thread as we are always available to your queries.

Regards,

Ashok

Friday, January 6, 2017 6:39 PM