none
Issue getting InfoPath to display lookup column value, not ID with a lookup field which allow multiple values RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to display a lookup field wich allow multiple values in a repeating table. Currently I achieved on showing the content instead of the ID but it shows all time the same value (and not the multiple values that it should)

Anyone can help me? highly appreciated!

Friday, December 21, 2018 3:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You mean to say  display a lookup Column which allows multiple values ? right ?

Please have look at this link https://brainspire.com/how-to-pull-in-sharepoint-lookup-additional-fields-into-infopath-form/

Let me know if that works for you !

1) Add new receive data connection.

2) Select List from which you want to fetch data.

3) Select all additional fields you want to be displayed on form.

4) Insert a calculated column on form.

5)Click on Advanced View for this field.

6) Select new data connection from dropdown.

7) Expand dataFields.

8) Select field you want to bring into form, do NOT click OK.

9) Click 'Filter Data…' at bottom of window.

10) Add…

11) Select the lookup ID from the Source List in the first dropdown - in my case "ID"

12) Click 'Select a field or group…' from the dropdown on the right.

13) Select the 'Main' data source from the top dropdown.

14) Select the lookup ID as it is named in the Target List ('Main')

15) Cick OK for all dialog boxes

Hope this helps...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't forget to “mark the replies as answers if they helped, also set "like" it’s a boost for us to keep blogging J

Friday, December 21, 2018 5:56 PM
  • Hi Nuria1970,

You can follow the steps below:

1. Create two data connections in InfoPath, one is the list which lookup column gets information from (list7 in the screenshot), another in the list which includes the lookup column( list9 in the screenshot).

List7 data connection contains the column which list9 lookup column get information from.

2. Drag the list9 lookup column from left Fields panel.

3. Right click the text box control and click change control->calculated value.

4. Right click the newly calculated control->calculated value properties, then set the XPath as below:

Finally, the form displays as below:

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, December 24, 2018 9:21 AM
  • Hi Nuria1970,

Is there any update?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, December 31, 2018 8:44 AM