Open Datepicker from code behind? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am currently developing a Windows Phone 8 app. In the Application Bar of a page I need a button which opens a Datepicker. I am already using the Datpicker from the WP8 (Codeplex) Toolkit on other pages with the default behavior.

Is it possible to open a datepicker from code behind? DatePicker.Focus() does not work...

Any idea will be appreciated

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 12:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• You will have to place the DatePicker on a popup and open it in the ApplicationBar button's Click event.

ThanQ...

• Proposed as answer by sm_on_live Tuesday, May 7, 2013 1:50 PM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 1:49 PM
  • You will have to place the DatePicker on a popup and open it in the ApplicationBar button's Click event.

ThanQ...

Are you suggesting to put the <toolkit:DatePicker/> in a popup? In that case the user will have to click on it before it opens in full view. Or did you mean something else?

I want it to open directly in full mode (DatePickerPage)

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 6:34 PM
  • Sorry. I was wrong. With toolkit:DatePicker that is not possible. I got mixed up with Telerik's RadDateSelector.

For such functionality you have to get the 3rd party controls. I use Telerik's RadDateSelector and RadTimeSelector. It is very custamizable. I didn't find any data pickers with Coding4Fun or Syncfusion controls.

But you get source code for ToolKit. If you are bold enough you can add your own method such as Show().

ThanQ...

• Marked as answer by chisonne Tuesday, May 7, 2013 7:15 PM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 7:13 PM
  • Sorry. I was wrong. With toolkit:DatePicker that is not possible. I got mixed up with Telerik's RadDateSelector.

Ok thanks for your useful information. Now I am sure it won't work the way I wanted.
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 7:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by chisonne Wednesday, May 8, 2013 10:54 AM
    Wednesday, May 8, 2013 10:54 AM
  • Simple and innovative solution.

ThanQ...

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 2:15 PM