none
Missing Network Protocols RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Windows 10 OS, a Samsung 250GB SSD, and a Netgear WNDR 4300 router (N750) that works fine for internet logins/access; however, when I try logging into the router itself (192.168.1.1 with userid: admin, and pw: password) so as to change settings, a message reads "page cannot be displayed." I am sure the userid and pw are correct.  I ran a diagnostics test and received a message that "network protocols are missing."

I reset the router to default settings but that did not help. I insured the date and time settings are correct.

I checked the TCP/IP settings and they appears to be correct. I also checked the Ranlik 802 11n wireless LAN card and it also appears to be properly configured. I then connected the router to another computer and was able to access router settings with the above userid and pw, but I am unable to access the router settings when using my primary computer (HP Pavilion p7-1258).

It appears the problems are within the Windows protocol settings, but I do not know how to check them to determine which ones are missing, or how to properly set the protocols once I locate the missing ones.

Is their a simple way to reset/restore network protocols? If not, how can I determine which ones are missing so as to properly restore them?

Thanks  dogrimm@hotmail.com

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 5:03 AM

Answers