Help RRS feed

• Question

• User-1601355608 posted

Hello - I followed the great walkthrough to upload my club site.  I have one error whenever I go to the home page it says application error.  Every other page works. Can anyone help? 

Thanks

dpr

Sunday, January 21, 2007 8:28 AM

Answers

• User-1601355608 posted

I am very new to ASP.NET and VWD.  But, I followed a great walkthrough that was posted to help put me site up.  I have one little problem - my homepage will not come up it says:

Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '<'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '<'.

Can anyone explain this to me and show me how to fix it? 

Thanks in advance!

dpr

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, January 21, 2007 3:53 PM

All replies

• User-1563988197 posted

Hi. Usually this is a database error. If you are using a web hoster, you'll want to check to see if they support SQL Express (which that usually doesn't happen!) But, if your hoster has SQL, upload you DB, or I reccomend using Microsoft SQL Server Database Publishing Wizard. Here is the steps for that:

1) Create a new DB with your hoster
    2) Generate the SQL script (via Visual Studio)
    3) Connect to your hoster's DB server by Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express
    4) Run the script on that DB
    5) Update the web.config!

Hope this helps!

Zack

Sunday, January 21, 2007 2:15 PM
  • User-1601355608 posted

I am very new to ASP.NET and VWD.  But, I followed a great walkthrough that was posted to help put me site up.  I have one little problem - my homepage will not come up it says:

Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '<'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '<'.

Can anyone explain this to me and show me how to fix it? 

Thanks in advance!

dpr

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, January 21, 2007 3:53 PM
  • User-1563988197 posted
    Are you running it locally? The problem is with the DB (Hence System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException)
    Thursday, February 1, 2007 7:30 PM