none
(WBF) How to handle a capture request when system entry sleep(S3) mode ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, All:

I created a WBF driver, and base on the sample code "WBDIsample".
    in the function CaptureSleepThread(), 
    device->CompletePendingRequest(hr, device->captureData->PayloadSize);
    How to handle this request when system entry S3 mode?

When I receive a S3 system alarm, my driver will wait for a USB access ending (ex: capture a raw data).
    Then, I set hr=S_OK and device->captureData->WinBioHresult=WINBIO_E_BAD_CAPTURE;
    Then, system will go to sleep mode.

It will show error message in logon step when system wake up, and it show about 2 seconds.
    I try&error. Finally I can't clear this error message. I hope this error message doesn't show.

If I set hr=S_OK and device->cpatureData is normal. The WBF flow will pass the data(empty) to Engine Adapter.
    Because the data is no any fingerprint, so Engine Adatper will throw a error result and show a error message in logon step.

I guess, maybe the request lead to the wrong, but no information to refer in MSDN for this condition.
    I don't know how to fill the hr or the struct PWINBIO_CAPTURE_DATA .
    Please help me, thanks~

BRs
    Box Chu

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 4:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Box, Have you fixed this issue? Could you please share your solution ?I  met the same problem.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 12:51 PM
  • Sorry, I still have no idea. Now, I created a sensor_adapter and try the return value of SensorAdapterFinishCapture() or  SensorAdapterPushDataToEngine() when wake up from sleep mode. I don't know what return value is needed by WBS (windows biometric service). Let it have no warning message on the login screen.

• Edited by BoxChu Monday, July 17, 2017 4:26 PM
    Monday, July 17, 2017 4:25 PM
  • Maybe that's the answer:)

IWDFIoRequest2::StopAcknowledge method
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559051(v=vs.85).aspx

• Proposed as answer by BoxChu Monday, December 4, 2017 4:14 AM
    Wednesday, July 19, 2017 6:19 AM