none
Azure Scheduler for invoking Spring boot Webservice RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

We want to write a  Java  microservice that performs some purging activities and we want to be able to execute it as a scheduler activity. Our Microservices will be hosted on  one of  our Azure subscriptions on a container registry . We came across the feature of Azure schedulers which will be able to invoke REST APIs. 

Please let us know if Azure scheduler can  be used to invoke this spring boot microservice. Please let us know if any tutorial or documentation to understand more if this feature can be supported.

• Edited by itzMack Wednesday, May 23, 2018 5:41 PM spelling
    Wednesday, May 23, 2018 5:40 PM

All replies

• Hello ItzMack, I would strongly recommend considering Azure Logic apps to do this as the feature set exposed in Logic app is a superset of what is currently available in Azure Scheduler.

You can find documentation on Logic App @

1. https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/logic-apps/

2. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/

Cheers,

Thursday, May 31, 2018 6:52 PM
  • Thanks Femisulu for the suggestion. Now that we have a choice, I would like to hear from  you on how both Logic apps and Azure schedulers will be  handle scenarios as below:

1. How does Logic apps/Azure scheduler  help to secure  the triggering of the micro service. There should be no unauthorized invocation.

2. How does Azure notify in case the Logic App/Azure scheduler  itself failed to invoke the micro service. For example, on a rarer circumstance, when the Logic App itself did not execute.

3. I was exploring the "Error Action" feature in Azure scheduler. As of now, it seems that it will be able to invoke a fallback endpoint on case of error or failure of the primary job. But as per the documentation there is a claim that we can send a user notification. I am not sure how to send a user notification using this feature.  As per Logic Apps documentation, there is an in built feature to send an email. 

Thursday, May 31, 2018 7:18 PM