none
Creating reports with one dataset with two tables RRS feed

• Question

• I have one dataset with two tables. The two tables are related by a FK/PK one to many relationship. In my report I want to display the two tables in different controls. The first datatable on two lists controls one above and the other below to my second control, a table control, which is for my second datatable. Everything works well if I have only one data row for my first datatable and one or more rows for my second datatable. The problem is when I have more rows on my first datatable. It displays first all the rows from the first datatable and then it displays my second control with all the rows from my second datatable. What I want is to have display the information on different pages. First the first row of my first datatable and then the rows of my second datatable, on the next page again second row of my first datatable and on the table the rows for my second dt.

Monday, December 5, 2011 5:41 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I think, on report level, it will not be possible.You need to create a new dataset on report levele with all the required fields.

Aftab Ansari
    • Marked as answer by Software North Tuesday, December 6, 2011 11:20 PM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 7:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I will suggest to merger your data tables and prepare  one dataset on report level. After that use a List control and do the grouping on “ID” field and place your all existing report’s control on List control.

Aftab Ansari
    Monday, December 5, 2011 1:07 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Is there a way to relates the two tables with the FK/PK on the report itself?

Roberto Matiussi

Monday, December 5, 2011 10:00 PM
  • Hi,

I think, on report level, it will not be possible.You need to create a new dataset on report levele with all the required fields.

Aftab Ansari
    • Marked as answer by Software North Tuesday, December 6, 2011 11:20 PM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 7:36 AM