none
BSOD and NETIO.SYS RRS feed

• Question

• Awhile back we were having problems with system BSOD with windbg indicating it was NETIO.SYS (we are using windows 7 pro).  We found the link on one of Microsoft's websites (I would place the link here but I get a message stating I cannot until my account is verified)

here is a partial link:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2958399/-0xd1-stop-error-occurs-occasionally-in-all-sql-server-cluster-nodes-running-windows-7-or-windows-server-2008-r2

in which Microsoft stated there was a problem with NETIO.sys, TCPIP.sys and Fwpkclnt.sys.  It had updates for all three and the new version was 6.1.7601.22651.   This fixed our issue.  Now we notices there is a newer version on the system: 6.1.7601.23761.  This comes from one of the security updates.   On top of that we now see BSOD again.   My question deals with this latest update.  Did it use version 6.1.7601.22651 as its starting point or did it go back to a prior version thus throwing out this update.  I do have a full kernel memory dump incase someone would like to look at it.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 11:05 PM

Answers