ListView: no more reorder property? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys.

The migration docs say that the reorder property has been replaced by a Reorderable property (page 206 of the doc). However, it seems like the control no longer exposes that property. That being the case, does that mean that we can no longer reorder items by drag-n-drop when we use this control?

thanks.

Luis Abreu

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 12:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Yeah that's weird. The code is still there and so is the private property (_reorderable), but the public property is AWOL. I also don't see a breaking change notification about them removing the property.

What happens when you set listView._reorderable = true;?

Senior Dev for Windows Phone Services

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 6:35 PM
  • I tried setting listView._reorderable to true but nothing seems to happen. In the developer preview this enabled a (very buggy) drag and drop reordering. Drag and drop reordering is a requiered use case for some of the apps I'm building.
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 10:56 PM
  • I tried setting listView._reorderable to true but nothing seems to happen. In the developer preview this enabled a (very buggy) drag and drop reordering. Drag and drop reordering is a requiered use case for some of the apps I'm building.

I think you need to set listView.winControl._reorderable=true; where listView is the HTML element. Based on my test it works.

Allen Chen [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, March 8, 2012 3:26 AM
  • Hello Allen.

but aren't fields started with _ "private" by convention? If the "public" property was removed, does that mean that reordering is no longer officially supported by the library??

thanks

Luis Abreu

Thursday, March 8, 2012 8:22 AM
  • Hi Luis,

I am asking the Product team about this. 

I will update the thread once I know more.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, March 8, 2012 3:00 PM
  • Hi Luis,

Reorder using dragging is not supported.  If you need to reorder items in your ListView we recommend alternate schemes such as up and down arrows wired in your application that will allow a selected item to be moved in the list.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Friday, March 9, 2012 12:42 PM
  • Thanks guys.

Luis Abreu

Saturday, March 10, 2012 10:56 AM
  • Hi Luis,

Reorder using dragging is not supported.  If you need to reorder items in your ListView we recommend alternate schemes such as up and down arrows wired in your application that will allow a selected item to be moved in the list.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Hi Jeff,

Did you mean that reorder using dragging won't be supported in Win8 library final version?

I am wondering if I could wait the next release of Win8 library, or have to implement drag-n-drop support by myself.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 11:12 AM
  • Hi Todd,

Unfortunately I cannot speculate on what may or may not be in future releases.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 12:17 PM
  • Hi

drag and drop with reorder in the same listview still not supported yet in the last version of windows 8 ?? 

thanks

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:32 AM
  • Sorry, it still is not supported.

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 12:15 PM
  • Sorry, it still is not supported.

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Will you fix this problem in nearest future? If yes, when it will be fixed? 
    Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:20 AM