none
Reportviewer won't add to form RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently installed Visual Studio 2010, I am unable to add a ReportViewer to a form. In the tools under reports I am dragging the ReportViewer on to the form and nothing happens. Am I missing something? Buttons and textboxes etc. work fine but not the ReportViewer.

I was previously working with VS 2010 beta 2, my computer was stolen and am now on a new machine having installed my last backup. I downloaded VS 2010 Professional (VB) and loaded my application. A whole bunch of errors poped up mainly due to the new path which I sorted out. But a big problem was that an Error message still appears saying - The referenced component 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.Winforms' could not be found-. In the references there is a yellow triangle next to the 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.Winforms'

What am I missing here?

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 11:55 AM

Answers

• Did you upgrade from Beta 2 to RTM or did uninstall/reinstall?
    • Marked as answer by Ivan J Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:27 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ivan J Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:27 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ivan J Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:30 PM
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:00 PM

All replies

• Did you upgrade from Beta 2 to RTM or did uninstall/reinstall?
    • Marked as answer by Ivan J Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:27 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ivan J Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:27 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ivan J Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:30 PM
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:00 PM
  • Hi Matt

It was a new install on a new computer as my previous computer was stolen. I have fixed the problem what i did was remove the conflict refrences in the references folder in solution explorer.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:35 PM
  • Hi, Ivan!

I'm having the same problem and can't find the way out. What references did you correct? Pls, help!

Thursday, May 6, 2010 7:41 AM
  • Me again! I found it.

In References I had Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms without any suspicius signs or alerts. But it was 9.0.0.0! Now I removed it and insert 10.0.0.0. It works perfect. Thanks for idea suggested.

Bye!

Thursday, May 6, 2010 7:58 AM