Header/column freeze not working in web portal (report viewer control) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

Currently working on a SSRS report where we need to make column and header freeze. 

We are doing it by setting "Fixed Data" and "Repeat on New Page" property true. It is working great on SSRS local and when report is deployed on Report Manager. 

But if I access same report on a web portal (build in ASP.Net) using report viewer control, it does not work. 

SSRS version 2012, web portal build on .Net 2010

Need urgent help for the same?  

Please let me know any other clarification? 

Thanks, 

Hemendra 

Monday, November 6, 2017 6:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Hemendra Singh Patel,

I test it in my environment(SSRS 2016, VS2017, Report Viewer control 14.0), it works well. And I see the similar thread for Report Viewer control 12.0 which have the same experience as you, so I am not sure whether this is related to the version. You could try to use Report Viewer control 14.0 to see whether it works or not.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 2:19 AM
  • Thanks for the response Zoe.

Couple of queries though:

1. Could you please tell me the link I can download Report Viewer control 14.0?

2. Will it be compatible with SSRS version 2012, web portal build on .Net 2010?

Thanks,

Hemendra

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 11:05 AM
  • Hi Hemendra Singh Patel

For VS 2015 and VS 2017, you install the ReportViewer 2016 control nuget package via the Nuget package manager console,it can work for 2008-2017. So you could install the VS 2015 or VS 2017. You could refer to About the Report Viewer control for details.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Visakh16MVP Wednesday, November 8, 2017 6:42 AM
    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 6:24 AM