How to stop Master Data Execl addin from being disabled? RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Office 2010 on Citrix with the RCO Master Data Excel addin. I am getting many calls from users that the Addin has disappeared from the Excel menu. Can re-enable it by going to files->Options->Addins and manage COM addins. Have not been able to work out why it becomes disabled. Does anyone know of a registry setting that I can use to stop it from being disabled?

David Roseneder

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 12:39 AM

Answers

• Hi David,

Due to some unexpected crash issue, the add-in will be disabled from the Excel ribbon, just like you mentioned, if it is disabled, you can enable it from the Option menu.

Thanks,

Challen Fu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Challen Fu Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:14 PM
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 3:14 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

Due to some unexpected crash issue, the add-in will be disabled from the Excel ribbon, just like you mentioned, if it is disabled, you can enable it from the Option menu.

Thanks,

Challen Fu

• Marked as answer by Challen Fu Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:14 PM
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 3:14 AM
  • Challen, Thanks for the reply.

Already created a document that describes in detailed steps and pics of how to fix it. Trouble is only 5% of users will do it themselves, the rest just ring / email, complain and wait for someone to fix it for them. Was really after some sort of registry change I could make to a) prevent it from being disabled in the first place or b) to enable it if it has been disabled.

Thanks

David Roseneder

David Roseneder

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 3:38 AM
  • This is the standard Excel behaviour and cannot be controlled by MDS Excel Add-in or any addin.

Thanks,

Ovidiu Burlacu

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by AKB1234 Thursday, November 5, 2015 4:46 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by AKB1234 Thursday, November 5, 2015 4:46 PM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 10:03 PM
  • I read an article about this issue on another site and this process helped my colleague. Basically, you need to update a registry entry.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-excel/master-data-services-add-in-does-not-remain/d705c005-a61e-4d73-bfd0-5270bf103ce2

Thursday, November 5, 2015 4:47 PM
  • Hi David,

Thanks,

Challen Fu

How is this an answer? The question asks: "how to stop the add-in from being disabled every time". Not: how can I enable the add-in?

MCSE SQL Server 2012 - Please mark posts as answered where appropriate.
    My blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:03 AM