none
I have no additional languages apart from english RRS feed

• Question

• Hi you all, I got a tactile computer with Windows 7 Embedded Standard installed, and it comes by default with only english as a display language. I have tried to install additional ones, at least spanish, but I haven't had any luck so far.

I tried by executing windows update, no optional updates detected. I tried to unhide those optional updates, but there are no optional updates to be unhidden. 

I tried to get them language packs from a download from the Microsoft page, but also no dice, the page says that spanish is included and redirects you to other less known language packs.

So if you could fix this for me by sending me an official link to the spanish language pack, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks in advance

Thursday, July 18, 2019 12:00 PM

Answers

• Windows Embedded Standard 7 is an OEM version of Windows. This means that OEM customizes the OS to the platform. You should contact the tactile computer manufacturer and have them add the languages to the image.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, July 19, 2019 2:41 PM

All replies

• Windows Embedded Standard 7 is an OEM version of Windows. This means that OEM customizes the OS to the platform. You should contact the tactile computer manufacturer and have them add the languages to the image.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, July 19, 2019 2:41 PM
  • Do you need further assistance?

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 3:29 AM
  • to add to Seans answer

Who ever supplied your device with the operatign system can produce a configuration set that would inject the New Language Packs into the Operating system, since WES7 is modular.

If you had access to the build tools you could also replicate this process, but i would advise against it since there is no certainty you would create a compatible set for the precise OS you have

regards

Richard

http://www.avnet-embedded.eu/ MCTS WES2009 MCTS WES7 http://www.eaton-family.info

Friday, July 26, 2019 9:49 AM
    Answerer