Encoding and Streaming RRS feed

• Question

• I need to continuously convert images, rendered from the screen, to a H.264 Video and stream this video together with the audio from the microphone as RTP-H.264 or MPEG-TS Stream out to a specific device (IP-Address).

How can I achive this, are there any existings samples?

I can't find any samples in which the Windows store app acts as Media Server.

Regards Alex

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:42 PM

Answers

• I don't imagine there's a lot of reason for someone to post a sample to have a Store app to act as a media server, but you're certainly welcome to write one.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:46 PM
  • The in-box app-as-media server functionality is "PlayTo". See Streaming media to devices using Play To .

If you need more specific output than that you will need to roll your own.

--Rob

Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:19 AM

All replies

• I don't imagine there's a lot of reason for someone to post a sample to have a Store app to act as a media server, but you're certainly welcome to write one.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:46 PM
  • The in-box app-as-media server functionality is "PlayTo". See Streaming media to devices using Play To .

If you need more specific output than that you will need to roll your own.

--Rob

Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:19 AM