none
BT2010 - SAP Consume adapter service configuration error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi colleagues,

I was trying to configure Consume adapter service for SAP and came across quite weird error/behavior of VisualStudio 2010.

When I press 'Connect' button, VS suddenly closes with critical error:

Has anybody faced such an issue? How can I solve it?

I use VS 2010 Pro (SP1 - KB983509) + Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0  + WCF-LOB-Adapter-SDK-2010 + SAP RFCSDK.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:45 PM

Answers

• Hello everyone!

I finally figured it out. According to the documentation, it has to be installed both x32 and x64 version of BizTalk Adapter Service 2.0 for the x64 server. So, briefly, the sequence is next (I did it for Win Server 2008 R2 x64):

- Install WCF LOB Adapter SDK (x64)

- Install BizTalk Adapter Service 2.0 (x64)

- Configure machine.config file for .net framework 4 (register the bindings)

- Install BizTalk Adapter Service 2.0 (x32)

Important! Installation of both x32 and x64 version of WCF LOB Adapter SDK is not supported. We need to install x32 version of BizTalk Adapter Service just because BizTalk Administration console only works with x32 version.

Finally, I have downloaded both x86 and x64 versions of SAP RFCSDK and copied libraries to the:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (for 32-bit versions) and C:\Windows\System32 for the x64 version of RFCSDK.

After all these manipulations everything works like a charm.

• Marked as answer by Allaire Friday, March 28, 2014 10:55 AM
    Friday, March 28, 2014 10:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Allaire

Please check the msdn article to connect to the SAP System in Visual Studio, it section provides information about how to use the Consume Adapter Service Add-in, the Add Adapter Metadata Wizard, and the Add Adapter Service Reference Plug-in.

Connecting to the SAP System in Visual Studio

But if the issue still persists after all of them, you might try looking into a few more advanced alternatives.

hope it helps.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 28, 2014 3:14 AM
  • Hello everyone!

I finally figured it out. According to the documentation, it has to be installed both x32 and x64 version of BizTalk Adapter Service 2.0 for the x64 server. So, briefly, the sequence is next (I did it for Win Server 2008 R2 x64):

- Install WCF LOB Adapter SDK (x64)

- Install BizTalk Adapter Service 2.0 (x64)

- Configure machine.config file for .net framework 4 (register the bindings)

- Install BizTalk Adapter Service 2.0 (x32)

Important! Installation of both x32 and x64 version of WCF LOB Adapter SDK is not supported. We need to install x32 version of BizTalk Adapter Service just because BizTalk Administration console only works with x32 version.

Finally, I have downloaded both x86 and x64 versions of SAP RFCSDK and copied libraries to the:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (for 32-bit versions) and C:\Windows\System32 for the x64 version of RFCSDK.

After all these manipulations everything works like a charm.

• Marked as answer by Allaire Friday, March 28, 2014 10:55 AM
    Friday, March 28, 2014 10:55 AM