none
[EWS] [EWS-XML] Fetch Sync State after pushing changes to the server RRS feed

• Question

• The SyncFolderItems works great to get updates that happened on the server. However I am not able to figure out the SyncState after I push changes from my client to the server. The flow is

1. Fetch SyncState through a  SyncFolderItems
    2. Identify new contacts to be pushed to the server - and push them
    3. Now the sync state on the server and the sync state ID I have with me are different, so the server keeps telling me I have updates, which is wrong.

Basically, I am trying to implement a 2 way sync for ASynK (http://karra-asynk.appspot.com/) and it would be great if I can use the underlying sync state infrastructure of Exchange. I am hoping Microsoft did not go to all this trouble to merely implement an API that can only 1 way sync.... Can someone point out what I am missing here?

Saturday, May 3, 2014 8:03 AM

Answers

• From some other information available around the net it appears like client -> server sync is not supported in the same manner as server -> client sync. That's a pity as I have to implement my own 'wrapper' around fetching items and checking their last modified timestamp.

If no one else corrects me within a few days, I will mark this as the correct answer.

• Marked as answer by Sriram Karra Wednesday, May 7, 2014 1:05 PM
    Sunday, May 4, 2014 4:21 AM