none
.aspx file got corrupted after Restart

Question

• Hello,

I recently restarted my machine when the visual studio solution was on. One of the file which I was working on, got corrupted. When I open it, I only see some null characters like I have opened a binary file.

Any help will be great.

TIA

Ritika

Saturday, October 29, 2016 5:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Ritika,

According to your description, If the .aspx file has been damaged, I think it is hard to recover it. And whether other .aspx files have the same issue? Could you please share me screenshot about your .aspx file, you could upload it to OneDrive and share a link here.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 31, 2016 6:54 AM
  • Hi Ritika Nigam,

According to the following blog, you could check whether the .aspx file exists in Backup Files:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/saraford/2008/02/14/did-you-know-where-visual-studio-saves-auto-recovered-files-in-the-case-of-an-unexpected-shutdown-151/

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 7:39 AM