none
which software should i need to intall for visual studio 2012 to access office365 apps /or to develop solutions ? RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I need to develop or customize the office365 list items using visual studio from local system,using rest api or client object model ?

Can any body please tell me which addins or what should i need to intall to develop office365 solutions or apps by using visual studio 2010/2012 

What is client os for office365 development ?

please reply me fast anybody,its very urgent for me i am new to office365 development

Thanks maheshwar

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:34 AM

Answers

• Hi Maheshwar

It really depends on what you mean by "Office365". There are a lot of variations...

If you mean the "web apps" then you need the Apps for Office technology which means Visual Studio 2012 or 2013.

If you mean SharePoint apps or "Cloud", then you need VS 2012 or 2013.

For the above, this is not the right forum. You want to be in "Developing Apps for Office" or a SharePoint forum. From your use of the term "list items" it sounds like you need to be in a SharePoint forum.

If you mean VSTO add-ins for desktop applications for Office 2013 then you need Visual Studio 2012 or 2013.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:07 PM