Visual indicator for follow-up needed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have created a survey where layout is as follows:  Main screen shows live, active list of customers, when you click on a customer tile you go to a view customer screen where a survey can be added.  Within the survey, I have a follow-up needed field (Boolean).  When the follow-up needed is selected yes, I want the customer tile on the main screen to change color as a visual indicator of which customer needs follow-up.  Can anyone provide assistance?

Thanks,

KL 

Monday, September 22, 2014 12:31 PM

Answers

• Welcome to the LightSwitch forum.

To make it a bit easier for folks to help you, please be sure to mention which client you're using and if possible, some detail (especially code) on what you've tried to solve your issue.  Without knowing for sure which client you're using, I can't tell if your issue will involve CSS (HTML) or XML (SilverLight).

Since you mention "tile list" I am going to assume you mean the HTML client.  It seems you need to pass information between screens, and usually the best way to do this is using the beforeShown and afterClosed options of the myapp.showScreen method.  I think you're saying you need to pass info between 2 screens: from new survey screen to view customer screen then to show all customers, which is slightly more involved.

If you haven't already, take a look at Washington's "Changing the Color of List Boxes" section at LightSwitch Screen Navigation examples blog entry and see if you can apply it to your scenario.

• Marked as answer by klandes Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:09 PM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 4:28 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

this is an easy task.

If you are beginer in Lightswitch, look on the lightswitchhelpwebsite.com. By book from about LightSwitch HTML http://lightswitchhelpwebsite.com/Market/Books/CreatingWebPages2013.aspx.

All you need as a developer  you could find there.

If you would like only write the application, write me on the dedecius.marek@gmail.com and we could discuse about the solution

Monday, September 22, 2014 6:33 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.  I have gone there already and still not clear, hence my post here.  What I have done has not worked to this point.  Thanks again.
    Monday, September 22, 2014 6:46 PM
  • Welcome to the LightSwitch forum.

To make it a bit easier for folks to help you, please be sure to mention which client you're using and if possible, some detail (especially code) on what you've tried to solve your issue.  Without knowing for sure which client you're using, I can't tell if your issue will involve CSS (HTML) or XML (SilverLight).

Since you mention "tile list" I am going to assume you mean the HTML client.  It seems you need to pass information between screens, and usually the best way to do this is using the beforeShown and afterClosed options of the myapp.showScreen method.  I think you're saying you need to pass info between 2 screens: from new survey screen to view customer screen then to show all customers, which is slightly more involved.

If you haven't already, take a look at Washington's "Changing the Color of List Boxes" section at LightSwitch Screen Navigation examples blog entry and see if you can apply it to your scenario.

• Marked as answer by klandes Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:09 PM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 4:28 PM
  • Thank you!
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:09 PM