none
Columns are shifting to the right RRS feed

• Question

• I'm very new to Expression Web 4.

When in design mode everything line up great but when I save then view in IE or Firefox the left column moves over to the right and my right column move done below everything. This happen on all my pages.

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Jack

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:32 PM

Answers

• KathyW2,

Thanks for the ideas. I thought it would be a simple fix.

Thanks for the help.

Jack.

• Marked as answer by Jack60101 Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:33 PM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:33 PM
  • Jack,

You're welcome.

By the way, you are supposed to mark the answer as the answer, not your reply to the answer as the answer.  It affects how responses are displayed for answered posts.

• Marked as answer by Jack60101 Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:11 PM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:35 PM

All replies

• You will need to publish the page somewhere and add a link to the page so that we can see the page and the supporting files before we can know what the problem is.

pat

Pat Geary - Microsoft MVP

Expression  Web Tutorials & Templates | Expression Web Blog | Migrating from FrontPage to Expression
     - Free EW Community Toolbar - Free Site Templates

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:48 PM
  • Here is the link http://www.jackbrown1.com/sam2jb/default.htm

Thanks,

Jack.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:40 PM
  • Whatever you are observing, the problem does not seem to manifest in Firefox, Chrome, or IE10. What, exactly, are you seeing?

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:25 PM
  • Jack,

The only time I see a difference is if I switch to IE's compatibility mode, where I then see what I expect you want to see, the right hand column beside, rather than below, the left hand column.   New browsers find that the left hand column cannot float all the way over to the left side of the content_container.  I assume it has to do with the menu: its list items are floated, and while not visible, the space the menu takes up drops down into the container.

The simple fix is to ask content_container to clear those floats.

Add "clear:both" to the styling for the content_container, and it will shift over.

• Edited by KathyW2 Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:07 PM
    • Proposed as answer by KathyW2 Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:41 PM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:06 PM
  • KathyW2,

Thanks for the ideas. I thought it would be a simple fix.

Thanks for the help.

Jack.

• Marked as answer by Jack60101 Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:33 PM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:33 PM
  • Jack,

You're welcome.

By the way, you are supposed to mark the answer as the answer, not your reply to the answer as the answer.  It affects how responses are displayed for answered posts.

• Marked as answer by Jack60101 Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:11 PM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:35 PM