How to use jquery-mobile in windows8

Question

• I want to use jquery-mobile in my windows 8 application. but it causing error 

Unhandled exception at line 3, column 20795 in ms-appx://com.acn.qiwk/www/js/jquery.mobile-1.4.2.min.js
    0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'href' of undefined or null reference

Is there any solution so that I can use jquery-mobile. I am using jquery-2.1.1.js and jqery-mobile.1.4.2.min.js

Monday, August 18, 2014 11:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Asha,

I'm not sure if jquery-mobile support WinJS, but as I know JQuery 2.0 above version support.

You may need ask the question at this forum for a certain answer: http://forum.jquery.com/

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 1:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Asha,

I'm not sure if jquery-mobile support WinJS, but as I know JQuery 2.0 above version support.

You may need ask the question at this forum for a certain answer: http://forum.jquery.com/

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 1:40 AM
  • Normally an error stating "Unable to get property 'href' of undefined or null reference' indicates that jquery/jquery mobile and your javascript is looking for an element in the DOM that has not been created yet.

Try adding the reference to jquery/jquery mobile at the bottom of your HTML document.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 1:37 PM