none
Export windows address book format RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In one app, I'm exporting some basic contacts to "USERPROFILE\Contacts" in xml format.

Since the format is simple I create it myself and export the output string to the xml file.

Is there a native .NET method to do work with windows address book format and save xml files to prevent any possible misconfiguration?

Friday, June 28, 2019 3:10 AM

Answers

• Thanks, it's kinda XML format, I can import and export it (just by string processing), and have no any problem with import, just for export, although it's working but wanted to make sure it's safe.

I found XmlTextWriter might work, not sure though...

• Marked as answer by OSVBNET Friday, June 28, 2019 1:57 PM
    Friday, June 28, 2019 1:15 PM

All replies

• Hello,

From what I've seen there are no published information on the format of the file wab used for the windows address book. This ranges from vb.net, C# to C++. Someone did figure out parts in VB6 as per the link below.

http://vbcity.com/forums/t/45470.aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Friday, June 28, 2019 9:56 AM
  • Thanks, it's kinda XML format, I can import and export it (just by string processing), and have no any problem with import, just for export, although it's working but wanted to make sure it's safe.

I found XmlTextWriter might work, not sure though...

• Marked as answer by OSVBNET Friday, June 28, 2019 1:57 PM
    Friday, June 28, 2019 1:15 PM
  • My reply was centered on exporting which as mentioned in my first reply.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Friday, June 28, 2019 1:18 PM
  • Yep, thanks,,,
    Friday, June 28, 2019 1:57 PM