Deploying SketchFlow Project for a WPF SketchFlow for a Mac user RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everybody,

I have a SketchFlow WPF project (made on Expression Blend 4) that we are packaging and dsitributing to our team members for feedback (clicking on the exe opens the Silverlight app). Some of our team members are on Macs without any virtual machines, Windows partitions, Parellels etc.

How do we share the project package with them?

Thanks,

Anirudh

Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:12 AM

All replies

• You can publish it to the web, follow Chuck's past post on the subject found here (it's from 2010 but I believe it would still apply) and then have your mac users install the silverlight browser plugin for mac to view it in a web browser;

http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx

Please mark answers as helpful when used, and answered when completed.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:59 AM
  • WPF is a different platform than Silverlight. If you created a WPF project, you created an .exe executable for the Windows platform. Silverlight projects create .xap files that can be used in the browser with the Silverlight plugin.
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:54 PM
  • Ah shows how much attention I paid, thats a pretty important detail!

Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:05 PM
  • That's right, Chuck - we have an EXE - which is why KS's pointer while gratefuly received didn't solve it for us. So, now what could I do?

To prevent future problems with sharing with our Mac-using colleagues, we are painfully moving over to Silverlight/SketchFlow - but since the design made in the WPF needs to go on a roadshow soon, is there something I could do.

Thanks, again, Chuck and KS.

Anirudh

Friday, February 24, 2012 5:22 AM
  • I don't know of any way you can run a WPF application on a mac, aside from the ways you pointed out originally, using a VM of some sort.
    Friday, February 24, 2012 3:45 PM
  • If it came down to it and you were in a pinch I suppose you could always have your mac users Remote Desktop into a Windows machine running the project and they could do what's necessary that way, or perhaps use a remote meeting service like gotomeeting that allows them to take mouse control.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/remote-desktop-client

Friday, February 24, 2012 4:08 PM