none
LanguageSettings in project? RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

the office application word, excel and powerpoint have the method "LanguageSettings", where I can see the installed product language.

ObjWordApp.LanguageSettings.LanguageID(Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoAppLanguageID.msoLanguageIDUI).ToString
    ObjExcelApp.LanguageSettings.LanguageID(Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoAppLanguageID.msoLanguageIDUI).ToString
    ObjPowerpoint.LanguageSettings.LanguageID(Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoAppLanguageID.msoLanguageIDUI).ToString

Only project has not this method.

How can I see the installed language of the ms-project client?

Thank you!

Michael

Saturday, July 5, 2014 8:42 AM

All replies

• Michael,

Although Project is considered one of the Office applications, it really is in its own category. Many things available in other Office applications are simply not available in Project. As far as I know, there is no way to get the language settings for Project using VBA. Sorry.

John

Saturday, July 5, 2014 2:23 PM
  • there is no way to get the language settings for Project using VBA. Sorry.

And with vb.net?

Is it here possible?

Regards

Michael

Saturday, July 5, 2014 10:11 PM
  • Michael,

If the Project language setting is not available via VBA then that means it is not part of the Project object model and therefore not available via VB.net either. Sorry.

However, when a direct approach is not available, an indirect approach can sometimes be used. I only have the English version of Project so I don't know how well this would work but you could use FieldConstantToFieldName(pjtaskduration) to return the column heading of the Task Name field. It will be unique to each language. For example, the English version of Project returns the string, "Duration", the French version should return "Duree", the German version should return "Dauer", etc.

If this information answers your question or is at least helpful, please vote or mark as the answer.

John

• Edited by John - Project Sunday, July 6, 2014 3:15 PM an alternative
    Sunday, July 6, 2014 12:04 AM