keyword not supported error RRS feed

• Question

• User-763776826 posted

when i connect my asp.net application with the mysql 5.1 then an error occur:---in connection string:-ArgumentException was Unhandled by user code keyword not supported .parameter name :dsn.............plz can anybody tell me the solution of it:

Thanks in advance

manisha walia

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 3:40 AM

Answers

• User500621135 posted

Connection string

Local database

Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};Server=localhost;Database=myDataBase;User=myUsername;Password=myPassword;Option=3;

Remote database

Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase;User=myUsername;Password=myPassword;Option=3;

Specifying TCP/IP port

Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};Server=myServerAddress;Port=3306;Database=myDataBase;User=myUsername;Password=myPassword;Option=3;
    The driver defaults to port value 3306, if not specified in the connection string, as 3306 is the default port for MySQL.
    Specifying character set

Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};Server=myServerAddress;charset=UTF8;Database=myDataBase;User=myUsername;Password=myPassword;Option=3;

Specifying socket

This one specifies the Unix socket file or Windows named pipe to connect to. Used only for local client connections.
    Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase;User=myUsername;Password=myPassword;Socket=MySQL;Option=3;
    On Windows, the socket variable is the name of the named pipe that is used for local client connections. The default value is MySQL.

On Unix platforms, the socket variable is the name of the socket file that is used for local client connections. The default is /tmp/mysql.sock.
    Using SSL

Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase;User=myUsername;Password=myPassword;sslca=c:\cacert.pem;sslcert=c:\client-cert.pem;sslkey=c:\client-key.pem;sslverify=1;Option=3;
    SSLCA specifies the path to a file with a list of trust SSL CAs
    I hope this help ........... If you face more problem then email me kamalchhabra1@hotmail.com
    see also this link
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 3:51 AM
  • User500621135 posted

you have to be use

using system.data.odbc;

Thursday, August 4, 2011 3:28 AM
  • User500621135 posted

Administrative Tools --> Data Sources (ODBC) --> Create a connection

In Visual Studio --> Open your server browser and then create a new connection.

Select the connection type as Microsoft ODBC Data Source (ODBC)

Select the radio button for Using Connection String, Select Machine Data Source and

the select your data source you just created.

You can just copy this string and paste it in to your web/app.config file.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:19 AM

All replies

• User1642208711 posted

Check here for different types of connectionstrings for MySql in .Net. http://www.connectionstrings.com/mysql

The error shows that there shouldn't be a attribute named dns in the connection string. Try to remove the attribute dns from connection string if any. And follow any one of the connection strings provided in above link.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 3:47 AM
  • User500621135 posted

Connection string

Local database

Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};Server=localhost;Database=myDataBase;User=myUsername;Password=myPassword;Option=3;

Remote database

Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase;User=myUsername;Password=myPassword;Option=3;

Specifying TCP/IP port

Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};Server=myServerAddress;Port=3306;Database=myDataBase;User=myUsername;Password=myPassword;Option=3;
    The driver defaults to port value 3306, if not specified in the connection string, as 3306 is the default port for MySQL.
    Specifying character set

Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};Server=myServerAddress;charset=UTF8;Database=myDataBase;User=myUsername;Password=myPassword;Option=3;

Specifying socket

This one specifies the Unix socket file or Windows named pipe to connect to. Used only for local client connections.
    Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase;User=myUsername;Password=myPassword;Socket=MySQL;Option=3;
    On Windows, the socket variable is the name of the named pipe that is used for local client connections. The default value is MySQL.

On Unix platforms, the socket variable is the name of the socket file that is used for local client connections. The default is /tmp/mysql.sock.
    Using SSL

Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase;User=myUsername;Password=myPassword;sslca=c:\cacert.pem;sslcert=c:\client-cert.pem;sslkey=c:\client-key.pem;sslverify=1;Option=3;
    SSLCA specifies the path to a file with a list of trust SSL CAs
    I hope this help ........... If you face more problem then email me kamalchhabra1@hotmail.com
    see also this link
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 3:51 AM
  • User-763776826 posted

not working....another error occur which is:-

ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified ...plz tell me how to solve it...........

thanks

Thursday, August 4, 2011 1:05 AM
  • User500621135 posted

you have to be use

using system.data.odbc;

Thursday, August 4, 2011 3:28 AM
  • User-763776826 posted

i have already use it.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 4:35 AM
  • User500621135 posted

if there create problem you have to be add as a aweb refrence (data.odbc)

Thursday, August 4, 2011 5:29 AM
  • User-763776826 posted

How can i make Dll from a class in c#....plz explain the steps .....

Thanks & regards:-

Manisha Walia

Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:01 AM
  • User500621135 posted

Administrative Tools --> Data Sources (ODBC) --> Create a connection

In Visual Studio --> Open your server browser and then create a new connection.

Select the connection type as Microsoft ODBC Data Source (ODBC)

Select the radio button for Using Connection String, Select Machine Data Source and

the select your data source you just created.

You can just copy this string and paste it in to your web/app.config file.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:19 AM
  • User-763776826 posted

have done it .... but not working....but i have done it without odbc ...pls tell me how to make dll of my class....Thanks

Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:22 AM
  • User500621135 posted

dear

the way that i tell you it's a way

this time you do with odbc

try

if this not worked then u have be show your code

then, i can do someting for u?

Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:37 AM
  • User500621135 posted

dear

the way that i tell you it's a way

this time you do with odbc

try

if this not worked then u have be show your code

then, i can do someting for u?

Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:37 AM
  • User500621135 posted

see this link i hope this link also helps

Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:42 AM
  • User-763776826 posted

pls tell me how i can covert my class into dll.

Friday, August 5, 2011 12:42 AM
  • User500621135 posted

yaaar kyu maze le rahe ho....... iska solution yahi hai......

i think you wanna make my fun 

if not then re-install all software under a perfectionalist

Friday, August 5, 2011 1:00 AM
  • User500621135 posted

see below link

http://forums.asp.net/t/1215601.aspx/1 

http://www.evdenevenakliyatbul.com

new Projects >> class library >> add reference >> add reference >>>>>>>>>>>>> using System.Data.SqlClient; using System.Web; Projects run C:\Documents and Settings\Senol\Belgelerim\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\free\free\bin\Debug\free.dll

Friday, August 5, 2011 1:14 AM
  • Friday, August 5, 2011 1:16 AM