Continue Task when app goes in Background

Question

• Hello,

I want to create a simple app for a Windows 8.1 Phone that vibrates each X seconds. But I need it also when the Display is off and the App switches in the background. So is it possible to continue a Task when the App goes in Background? At the moment the task will pause and continue when the App comes back to the foreground. I read something about Background tasks. But thats not what I need, because there is no defined trigger I can use. There are only issues with continue media playing that I can find, but they seems to be different.

Best regards

Viktor

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 3:35 PM

All replies

• i dont think you can do. Maybe every 30 minutes with a background task and a timetrigger

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:46 PM
  • Hi ViktorBecker,

I think there is no such feature for your requirement. As you have seen, background task was triggered by system event, but there is no event which correspond to this requirement. Maybe you can post it on UserVoice. https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-dev-platform.

If you need future help, please post more information about your scenario.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 6:38 AM