locked
(VS 2015 CTP 6) Can not get assembly references to work - Microsoft.Azure.Documents.Client RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am currently running Visual Studio 2015 CTP 6 on Windows 10. I'm using it in a VMWare virtual machine via VMWare Fusion on a Mac. I installed the packages w/ nuget and I can see them in the ASPNET5 assembly references list. When I compile I get several errors from the following using statements that I copied and pasted from the documentation tutorial.

    using Microsoft.Azure.Documents;

    using Microsoft.Azure.Documents.Client;

    using Microsoft.Azure.Documents.Linq;

    Here is the list of error messages that I get

    The type or namespace name 'Azure' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly 

    The type or namespace name 'DocumentClient' could not be found

    The type or namespace name 'Database' could not be found

    The type or namespace name 'DocumentCollection' could not be found

    The strangest part is the intellisense is painting the syntax the proper colors as if it can find everything just fine. I've tried a fresh install with Win 10 and Visual Studio on a separate Virtual Machine w/ the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated since this issues has tied me up for two whole days and it is preventing me from bing billable. I don't understand why there are two sets of assembly references for asp.net 5.0 and asp.net Core 5.0. I'm very frustrated. 

    Tuesday, March 10, 2015 7:50 PM

Answers

  • Daniel, 

    We communicated over email and it looks like we've fixed your issue (error: The type or namespace "azure" does not exist in the namespace "Microsoft".) by commenting out //"aspnetcore50": { } in the project.json file. You had references to both ASP.NET 5.0 and ASP.NET Core 5.0, and by commenting out that line we removed the ASP.NET Core 5.0 references from your project. Let us know if you run into any more issues.

    Thanks,
    Mimi

    Thursday, March 12, 2015 4:33 AM

All replies

  • Last night I installed Win 10 and VS 2015 on a regular desktop PC to make sure that it wasn't the Virtual Machine that was the issue. I am having the same problem on this machine.

    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 2:14 PM
  • Daniel, 

    We communicated over email and it looks like we've fixed your issue (error: The type or namespace "azure" does not exist in the namespace "Microsoft".) by commenting out //"aspnetcore50": { } in the project.json file. You had references to both ASP.NET 5.0 and ASP.NET Core 5.0, and by commenting out that line we removed the ASP.NET Core 5.0 references from your project. Let us know if you run into any more issues.

    Thanks,
    Mimi

    Thursday, March 12, 2015 4:33 AM