none
Barcode Generation and page alignment! RRS feed

• Question

• Gentlemen and Ladies! Good Morning,

I need to create 200,000 barcode details for a client. These have to be aligned at a particular spot for printing on each page.

The pages are preprinted vouchers and there are two in one sheet of size slightly smaller than a A3. Now i need to align two different barcodes (series) on one sheet and create 100,000 sheets in batches of 500 each for me to print just the barcode at the designated space. Kindly guide me as I am lost and need help. 

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If you're interested in using a commercial SDK, the LEADTOOLS Software Development Kit contains functionality to generate barcodes of a wide variety of symbologies with specific boundaries.  Here's a quick way to create a barcode using C#.

BarcodeEngine engine = new BarcodeEngine();
    // Create a UPC A barcode
    BarcodeData data = new BarcodeData();
    data.Symbology = BarcodeSymbology.UPCA;
    data.Value = "01234567890";
    data.Bounds = new LogicalRectangle(10, 10, 600, 200, LogicalUnit.Pixel);
    // Write it with default options
    engine.Writer.WriteBarcode(theImage, data, null);

This writes the barcode to a RasterImage in memory, which can be saved to the major image formats or printed.  Once these barcodes have been generated, they can be positioned in such a way to fit properly onto the pages being printed.

More details regarding the barcode functionality, as well as download links for the SDK, are available on the website.

Please note I am employed by this company.

• Edited by LT Nick C Wednesday, March 8, 2017 10:15 PM code formatting
    Wednesday, March 8, 2017 10:14 PM