I am adding a reference of stdole version 7.0.3300.0 from GAC in visual studio RRS feed

• Question

• But when i build my project it shows Error ---> The type 'stdole.StdFont' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'stdole, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dafd973a1b7a5fe3'.Where i can get this dll which supports stdole.StdFont . But when i refernce the stdole from GAC in visual studio in other pc it builds succesfully.

what is the problem in my pc ?

cmj

Friday, April 13, 2012 9:21 AM

Answers

• If I try it exposes a StdFontClass (likely because it exposes also a StdFont interface). Also the only one I have in the GAC seems to match this one rather than yours (public key token b03f5f7f11d50a3a). So it seems to me you might have built your code (or perhaps is it a third party library ?) against a custom stdole wrapper rather than the one provided by MS ?

Else just get the file from the other PC ? Or it might come with some library that you should install on your own PC. Double check the libraires you are referencing from your project. Sorry for the poor help.

Please always mark whatever response solved your issue so that the thread is properly marked as "Answered".

• Marked as answer by Manjula.C Friday, April 13, 2012 10:57 AM
    Friday, April 13, 2012 10:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you have a stdole.dll file in C:\Program Files\Microsoft .NET\Primary Interop Assemblies\stdole.dll ? If yes, what if you add a reference to this one ? (from http://bytes.com/topic/visual-basic-net/answers/574479-namespace-stdole found by googling for stdole wrapper as this is not a native .NET library...)

Please always mark whatever response solved your issue so that the thread is properly marked as "Answered".

Friday, April 13, 2012 9:44 AM
  • Same problem

The type 'stdole.StdFont' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'stdole, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dafd973a1b7a5fe3'.Where i can get this dll which supports stdole.StdFont

cmj

Friday, April 13, 2012 10:21 AM
  • If I try it exposes a StdFontClass (likely because it exposes also a StdFont interface). Also the only one I have in the GAC seems to match this one rather than yours (public key token b03f5f7f11d50a3a). So it seems to me you might have built your code (or perhaps is it a third party library ?) against a custom stdole wrapper rather than the one provided by MS ?

Else just get the file from the other PC ? Or it might come with some library that you should install on your own PC. Double check the libraires you are referencing from your project. Sorry for the poor help.

• Marked as answer by Manjula.C Friday, April 13, 2012 10:57 AM
    Friday, April 13, 2012 10:50 AM
  • Thanks for the suggesstion.

cmj

Friday, April 13, 2012 10:57 AM