How to extend Expression Web 4.0 trial RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a trial version of Expression Web 4.0 and I really like it. However, it is now asking to reactivate since trial already ended. My concern is how can extend a trial version of Expression Web 4.0?

By the way, I already uninstalled and deleted the registry of the previous trial version but i cannot download or install the new trial version..

Thanks much.

Friday, December 10, 2010 8:14 PM

All replies

• You can't.  A trial is a trial.  You have to buy the program if you want to continue using it, and trying to anything else is attempting theft.  I'm rather surprised you are posting this.
    Friday, December 10, 2010 8:16 PM
  • The only way is format your system drive, and re-install all programs.
    A trial is just that - a trial, a test. It is not a permanent installation. When the trial expires, you either buy a license or remove the program, permanently.

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    Friday, December 10, 2010 8:22 PM
  • You'd need to buy a licence to use it; that's the same pretty much with any major software brand.

There are a couple of freebies on Microsoft's site:  Visual Web Developer Express and Sharepoint Designer.  Search the MS site for the downloads.  They are similiar to Expression Web

Andrew M

http://www.murraywebs.com

"Nothing spoils numbers faster than arithmetic!"
    -- Peppermint Patty (Peanuts, Charles M. Schulz)
    Friday, December 10, 2010 9:50 PM
  • Thanks for this.

I saw this on one of the support forums.

I think were getting same issue here.

But ill figure it out what will be the best work around.

Again thanks much for the quick reply ! ! !

Saturday, December 11, 2010 12:03 AM
  • Well here is a pretty good (IMHO) work-around if your budget is tight:

Download and install Visual Web Developer Express (it is FREE!)

It has most of the features of Expression Web (along with database capabilities which you may not need, but on the other hand, if you do anything at all with asp.net database controls, it is essential)

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Expression Web database tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with FP, Access, Bots and Wizards
    MyNumbersTracker.com -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET.
    Saturday, December 11, 2010 1:16 PM