none
Access Denied when trying to open Azure Active Directory

Question

• Something has changed to mine and another user's account where we can no longer see anything in the Azure Active Directory selection.  When we open it we get Access Denied, you do not have access. This had worked last week and has stopped all of a sudden when we login in with a particular @****.com id.  Couple of things I have noticed, the Id in Example 1 use to login to the directory that you see in Example 2.  When I login with the first ID, I see a domain in there, but can't get to the Azure Active Directory to delete it.  I've checked my Office Accounts and don't see any using cdcsoftware.com.  This has gotten me very confused.  Any help will be appreciated.

Example 1

Example 2

Thank you,

Dave

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 4:15 PM

Answers

• The issue was a deletion of the Primary user id that was used when first setting up account.  Had to open a ticket to get it resolved, by using Restore-MsolUser -ObjectId. I got the list of deleted users by logging into my account and then ran Get-MsolUser -ReturnDeletedUsers | fl DisplayName,UserPrincipalName, ObjectID.  After getting the object ID of the user that was deleted, I ran the Restore.

Dave

• Marked as answer by D Thomas CDC Friday, May 05, 2017 11:30 AM
    Friday, May 05, 2017 11:30 AM

All replies

• We would suggest you to open a Technical Support Request with us as we would require sensitive information like your Subscription and Tenant details and for deeper investigation on this.
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:25 AM
  • The issue was a deletion of the Primary user id that was used when first setting up account.  Had to open a ticket to get it resolved, by using Restore-MsolUser -ObjectId. I got the list of deleted users by logging into my account and then ran Get-MsolUser -ReturnDeletedUsers | fl DisplayName,UserPrincipalName, ObjectID.  After getting the object ID of the user that was deleted, I ran the Restore.

Dave

• Marked as answer by D Thomas CDC Friday, May 05, 2017 11:30 AM
    Friday, May 05, 2017 11:30 AM