SQL 2008 Cluster log reader agent issues RRS feed

• Question

• Ok so i'm fairly new to SQL and have been getting on reasonably well with a new clients existing infrastructure. A recent request was to enable transactional replication from a source system (2008 windows failover cluster w/ SQL2008) into a second SQL failover cluster due to supplier limitations on data access.

So in our proof of concept, transactional replication has been working seamlessly. However when configuring this identically in our live environment the log reader agent is failing to connect. Error message in SQL log is "login failed for user 'dom\user' reason token-based server access validation failed with an infrastructure error. Check for previous errors" Error: 18456, Severity 14, State: 11.

The other error being picked up is "Cannot execute as the database principal because the principal 'dbo' does not exist........" dbo does exist, and all databases in the instance are owned as expected.

The snapshot agent completes successfully generating the initial seed files correctly, and the subscriber agent is perfectly happy, but reporting " the concurrent snapshot for the publication 'PubName' is not available because it has not been fully generated or the log reader agent is not running to activate it."

Ideal configuration 

Source: WFC w/ SQL acting as publishing server

Destination: WFC w/SQL running Distributor role and Subscriber

I will also point out that removing publications has been problematic with various errors presenting. I had been looking at using the source HA Cluster for the Distributor. Due to these issues I've adjusted the plan to move this role to the destination server or any other available SQL server.

any help would be hugely appreciated.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 9:06 AM

All replies