This ad unit was created in Windows Phone Dev Center. Categories can only be updated in Dev Center. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I can't modify my previously created AdUnit in PubCenter, because it says:
    "This ad unit was created in Windows Phone Dev Center. Categories can only be updated in Dev Center. "

This is ok, so I go to DevCenter, but in the DevCenter there is only
    "To create new ad units, add a name and select Generate ad unit ID." option and no delete or modify possiblity.

So I can not update the category of my DevCenter created ads. (which update is neccessairy from 9/12)

Tom

Saturday, September 14, 2013 4:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Tom,

Since the ad unit was created through the Windows Phone Dev Center you do not need to update the category as it will be assigned to the same category as the app when created. Only ad units created through the pubCenter need to be updated to make sure they align with the category of the submitted app.

-Will

Windows Phone Developer Support

Monday, September 16, 2013 2:40 PM
  • Hello,

And how can I delete this devCenter created ad or rename it?

There is no possibility for this opperations in devCenter.

Tom

Monday, September 16, 2013 9:39 PM
  • Hello,

any info on this?

Thanks,
    Tom

Saturday, September 21, 2013 9:31 AM
  • Hello Tom,

You cannot delete them or rename them in Dev Center but you can rename it via pubCenter.

It is recommended that you create and manage your ad units via pubCenter if you want more flexibility in managing your ads.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Dev Center

Monday, September 23, 2013 4:35 PM
  • Hello Eric,

Thanks for your answer!

I just checked and now I'm able to rename my adUnits in the PubCenter!
    Previously it was giving me an error something like: This ad unit was created in Windows Phone Dev Center... you can renam it on DevCenter or so. (DevCenter has no possibility to rename it)

It is great to see that this bug is fixed now!

Thanks,
    Tom

Monday, September 23, 2013 5:09 PM